What it does
1. Recognition of Medical and Dental Qualifications granted by Medical and Dental Institutions in Bangladesh.
2. Recognition of Medical and Dental Qualification granted by Institutes outside Bangladesh.
3. Setting of scheme of reciprocity with foreign Medical and Dental Councils for recognition of Medical and Dental Qualifications.
4. Amendment of Schedules.
5. Registration of Medical and Dental Practitioners.
6. Registration of Medical Assistants.
7. Inspection of Medical and Dental Intuitions.
8. Withdrawal of recognition of Medical and Dental Institutions.
9. Maintenance of Registers of Medical & Dental Practitioners.
10. Maintenance of Registers of Medical Assistants.
11. Publications of Registered Medical Practitioners.
12. Penalty for fraudulent representations of registration.
13. Action against use of false title, etc. by registered Medical and Dental Practitioners.
14. Removal of names from registers of Medical & Dental Practitioners.
15. Action against persons not registered under the Act.
16. Approval of Journals published by different organisations/ Association.
17. The management of the property of the Council and the maintenance and audit of its accounts.
18. Prescribing a uniform minimum standard of courses of training for obtaining graduate and post-graduate medical and dental qualifications to be included or included respectively in the First, Third and Fifth Schedules.
19. Prescribing minimum requirements for the content and duration of courses of study as aforesaid.
20. Prescribing the conditions for admission to courses of training as aforesaid.
21. Prescribing minimum qualifications and experience required of teachers for appointment in medical and dental institutions.
22. Prescribing the standards of examinations, methods of conducting the examinations and other requirements to be satisfied for securing recognition of medical and dental qualifications under Medical & Dental Council Act. 1980.
23. Prescribing the qualifications and experience required of examiners for professional examinations in medicine and dentistry antecedent to the granting of recognised medical and dental qualifications and
24. Registrations of medical or dental students at any medical or dental college or school or any University and the fees payable in respect of such registration.